Parsonsfield
York County, Maine

a service of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 55 - Bass Harbor, Maine  04653
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 15 March 2019)


Thank you for the contributions to this page from the Strout family collection.



Postmarks from the town of Parsonsfield include:
Blazo’s Corner
East Parsonsfield
Kezar Falls
Maplewood
North Parsonsfield
Parsonsfield
South Parsonsfield
West Parsonsfield



East Parsonsfield

1840 April 25:
   East Parsonsfield post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1904 January 12:
   The circular postmark is 27–28 mm in diameter.
      

1934 December 18:
   The circular postmark is 32–33 mm in diameter.
      

1947 April 16 through 1950 May 4:
   The circular postmark is 32–33 mm in diameter.
         

1960 December 21 through 1961 April 7:
   The circular postmark is 33–35 mm in diameter. The outside vertical height of the four horizontal bars to the right of the circle is approximately 20 mm.
         

today:
   East Parsonsfield post office is still in operation.


Kezar Falls

1839 December 14:
   Kezar Falls post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1894 January 20:
   The circular postmark is 28–29 mm in diameter.
      

1897 July 19:
   The circular postmark is 26–27 mm in diameter.
      

1900 June 11:
   The circular postmark is approximately 27 mm in diameter.
      

1912 December:
   The circular postmark is 23–24 mm in diameter.
      

1927 April 28:
   The circular postmark is 29–30 mm in diameter.
      

1953 December 25 through 1960 March 3:
   The circular postmark is 20–21 mm in diameter.
         

1964 January 22:
   The circular postmark is 20–21 mm in diameter.
      

1966 September 15:
   The circular postmark is 27920–21 mm in diameter.
      

1971 July 1:
   The circular postmark is 20–21 mm in diameter.
      

today:
   Kezar Falls post office is still in operation.


South Parsonsfield

1830 December 27:
   South Parsonsfield post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

year? December 12:
   Manual postmark and cancellation.
      

1897 July 19:
   The circular postmark is 26–27 mm in diameter.
      

1915 July 31:
   South Parsonsfield post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)