York County, Maine
a service of
V. F. Thomas Co.
- 167 Thorne Mountain Road - Canton, Maine 04221
(updated 22 April 2020)
Thank you for the contributions to this page from the Strout family collection.
Postmarks from the town of Limington include:
North Limington (1)
North Limington (2)
1800 March 1:
Limington post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995.
The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide
1834 January 22:
Manuscript postmark. (
1881 September 12:
[year determined from contents]
The circular postmark is approximately 29 mm in diameter.
1898 June 4:
The circular postmark is 28–29 mm in diameter.
1933 December 18 through 1934 June 10:
The circular postmark is 33–34 mm in diameter. The outside height of the four horizontal bars to the right of the circle is 19–20 mm.
1965 March 15:
The circular postmark is 32–33 mm in diameter. The outside height of the four horizontal bars to the right of the circle is 19–20 mm.
Limington post office is still in operation.