Baring Plantation
Washington County, Maine

a service of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 55 - Bass Harbor, Maine  04653
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 7 March 2019)


Thank you for the contributions to this page from the Strout family collection.



Postmarks from the town of Baring include:
Baring
Baring Rural Br. Calais



Baring


1827 February 10:
   Baring post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1852:
   Postmaster: W. A. Gould (source: Maine Register and State Reference Book. 1852.)

1936 August 19:
   The circular postmark is approximately 33 mm in diameter. The horizontal bars to the right of the circle are approximately 6 mm apart on center.
      

1949 December 19:
   The circular postmark is approximately 32 mm in diameter. The horizontal bars to the right of the circle are approximately 6 mm apart on center.
      

1956 October 29:
   The circular postmark is 32–34 mm in diameter. The outside vertical height of the four horizontal bars to the right of the circle is approximately 19 mm.
      

1966 December 2:
   Baring post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)