Searsport Postal History
Waldo County, Maine

a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine  04975
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 19 September 2020)


Thank you for the contributions to this page from James Husson.



Postmarks from the town of Searsport include:
Blacks
North Searsport
Park
Searsport



Searsport


1846 March 23:
   Searsport post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1846 July 23:
   The circular postmark is approximately 30 mm in diameter. (notation; letter [page 1], letter [page 2])
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1847 July 15:
   The circular postmark is approximately 30 mm in diameter. (notation; letter [page 1], letter [page 2])
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1855 August 7:
   The circular postmark is 31–32 mm in diameter. (letter [page 1], letter [page 2])
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1866 July 17 through 1868 July 27:
   The circular postmark is 31–32 mm in diameter.
         

1882 March 24 through 1882 June 15:
   The circular postmark is 26–27 mm in diameter.
         

1937 April 17:
   The circular postmark is approximately 29 mm in diameter.
      

1940 June 4 through 1947 October 4:
   The circular postmark is approximately 22 mm in diameter.
         

1942 October 19:
   The circular postmark is approximately 29 mm in diameter.
      

1947 October 6 through 1950 September 7:
   The circular postmark is 29–30 mm in diameter.
         

1991 April 11:
   The circular postmark is 33–34 mm in diameter.
      

2020:
   Searsport post office. 4 Water Street; Searsport, Maine 04974. Lat./Long.: N 44°27′26″ x W 68°55′32″
      

today:
   Searsport post office is still in operation.