Palermo Postal History
Waldo County, Maine

a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine  04975
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 28 August 2020)


Thank you for the contributions to this page from James Husson and from the Strout family collection.

Postmarks from the town of Palermo include:
East Palermo
Four Corners
North Palermo
Palermo
Palermo Center
Palermo North



Palermo


1807 July 1:
   Palermo post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1844 December 19:
   Manuscript postmark. (notation; letter)
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1849 September 4:
   Manuscript postmark. (letter)
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1910 July 8:
   The circular postmark is 31–32 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

date?:
   Palermo post office.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1934 December 5:
   The circular postmark is 32–33 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1941 December 22:
   The circular postmark is 33–34 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1950 February 20 through 1954 December 22:
   The circular postmark is 32–33 mm in diameter. The outside vertical height of the four horizontal bars to the right of the circle is approximately 19 mm.
         
      (click on an image to enlarge)

2020:
   Palermo post office, 111 Branch Road; Palermo, Maine. 04354. Lat./Long.: N 44°24′18″ x W 69°28′22″
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

today:
   Palermo post office is still in operation.