Greenbush
Penobscot County, Maine

a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine  04975
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 19 October 2020)


Thank you for the contributions to this page from James Husson, Roland Simard, the Strout family collection, and Al Tieman.



Postmarks from the town of Greenbush include:
Cardville
Greenbush
Olamon (1)
Olamon (2)
Oraomo



Cardville

1890 September 5:
   Cardville post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1935 October 21:
   The circular postmark is 29–31 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1939 December 13:
   The circular postmark is 32–33 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1967 August 25:
   The circular postmark is 32–34 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

today:
   Cardville post office is still in operation.


Greenbush

1839 January 19:
   The former Argyle (1) post office was renamed as Greenbush post office. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1908 January 15:
   The circular postmark is 32 mm in diameter. (image side of card)
      

1912 December 31:
   Greenbush post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

date?:
   Greenbush post office re-opened.

2020:
   Greenbush post office. 1076 Main Road; Greenbush, Maine  04418. Lat./Long.: N 45°05′24″ x W 68°38′36″
      


Olamon (2)

1831 November 14:
   Olamon (2) post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1834 October 29:
   Olamon (2) post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1836 January 28:
   Olamon (2) post office re-opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1837 January 9:
   Manuscript postmark.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1839 January 22:
   Olamon (2) post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1841 August 12:
   Olamon (2) post office re-opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1843 July 18:
   Olamon (2) post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1843 October 14:
   Olamon (2) post office re-opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1934 December 21:
   The circular postmark is 32–33 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

today:
   Olamon (2) post office is still in operation.