South Thomaston
Knox County, Maine

a service of
V. F. Thomas Co. - 167 Thorne Mountain Road - Canton, Maine  04221
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 26 June 2017)


Postmarks from the town of South Thomaston include:
Owls Head
Spruce Head



Owls Head


1836 May 3:
   Owls Head post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1838 December 8:
   Owls Head post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1840 February 7:
   Owls Head post office re-opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1841 July 20:
   Owls Head post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1854 July 5:
   Owls Head post office re-opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1868 August 18:
   Owls Head post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1884 June 20:
   Owls Head post office re-opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1934 December 17:
   The circular postmark is 30–31 mm in diameter. The outside vertical height of the four bars to the right of the circle is 13 mm.
      

today:
      Owls Head post office is still in operation.


Spruce Head


1880 March 4:
   Spruce Head post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1941 December 19:
   The circular postmark is 31–33 mm in diameter. The outside vertical height of the five bars to the right of the circle is 25–26 mm.
      

today:
      Spruce Head post office is still in operation.