Friendship Postal History
Knox County, Maine

a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine  04975
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 31 October 2021)


Thank you for the contributions to this page from James Husson and from the Strout family collection.



Postmarks from the town of Friendship include:
East Friendship
Friendship (1)
Friendship (2)
Lawry
Martin
Martin Rur. Sta. Friendship
Meduncook



East Friendship


1877 December 6:
   East Friendship post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

date?:
   East Friendship post office.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1916 November 15
   East Friendship post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)


Friendship (2)


1834 July 2:
   Friendship (2) post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1894 January 8:
   The circular postmark is 26–27 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1933 February 11:
   The circular postmark is 28–29 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1948 September 24 through 1950 June 27:
   The circular postmark is approximately 30 mm in diameter.
         
      (click on an image to enlarge)

today:
   Friendship (2) post office is still in operation.


Meduncook


1916 September 29:
   Meduncook post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1917 April 6:
   The diameter of the circular postmark is 32.5 mm.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1923 October 31
   Meduncook post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)