Clinton Postal History
Kennebec County, Maine

a service of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 55 - Bass Harbor, Maine  04653
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 11 May 2019)


Thank you for the contributions to this page from the Strout family collection.



Postmarks from the town of Clinton include:
Clinton (1)
Clinton (2)
East Clinton
Morrison’s Corner
North Clinton
Pishons Ferry
West Clinton



Clinton (2)


1842 July 2:
   Clinton (2) post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1887 September 6:
   The circular postmark is 25–27 mm in diameter.
      

1896 June 1 through 1900 January 15:
   The circular postmark is 27–28 mm in diameter.
         

1939 December 4:
   The circular postmark is 29–30 mm in diameter.
      

1949 July through 1953 September 16:
   The circular postmark is 29–30 mm in diameter.
         

today:
   Clinton (2) post office is still in operation.


Pishons Ferry


1844 February 6:
   The former North Clinton post office was renamed as Pishons Ferry post office. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1894 May 1:
   The circular postmark is approximately 28 mm in diameter.
      

1903 November 30:
   Pishons Ferry post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)