Seven Ponds Township Postal History
Franklin County, Maine
a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine 04975
(updated 14 July 2021)
Thank you for the contributions to this page from James Husson.
During the history of Seven Ponds Township, there has been only one post office.
Briefly, the history of this one is as follows:
1. Beaver Pond post office opened on 17 July 1893 and was renamed on 6/7 July 1914 as Big Island post office, which moved to Coburn Gore (where it was renamed as Moosehorn post office.
In 1914, there was only one post office in Seven Ponds Township: Beaver Pond. (source: Post Route Map of the State of Maine 1914)
(click on image to enlarge)
Postmarks from Seven Ponds Township include:
1893 July 17:
Beaver Pond post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)
1909 August 26 through 1913 August 11:
The circular postmark is 31.5–32 mm in diameter.
1914 July 6:
Beaver Pond post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)