Franklin County, Maine
a service of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 55 - Bass Harbor, Maine 04653
(updated 6 January 2019)
Postmarks from the town of Phillips include only:
1819 January 8:
Phillips post office opened (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide). First postmaster: Joel Whitney (source: Page 211 in Dow, Sterling T. 1943. Maine Postal History and Postmarks).
1934 February 13:
The circular postmark is 29–30 mm in diameter. The elliptical cancellation to the right of the circle is 29–30 mm tall.
1938 September 17:
The circular postmark is approximately 22 mm in diameter. The seven straight lines to the right of the circle are 52–53 mm long and just over 3 mm apart on center.
Phillips post office is still in operation.