Farmington
Franklin County, Maine

a service of
V. F. Thomas Co. - 183 Pleasant Street, Apartment 1 - Canton, Maine  04221
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 16 February 2017)


Postmarks from the town of Farmington include:
Fairbanks
Farmington
Farmington Falls
North Farmington West Farmington



Fairbanks

1881 April 25:
   Fairbanks post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1885 November 24:
   The circular postmark is 27–28 mm in diameter.
      

1888 August 7:
   The circular postmark is 28–29 mm in diameter.
      

1889 November 25: [year determined from backstamp]
   The circular postmark is 27–28 mm in diameter.
      

1901 July 31:
   Fairbanks post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1901 September 26:
   Fairbanks post office re-opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1909 September 30:
   Fairbanks post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)


Farmington

1797 August 24:
   Farmington post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1932 July 6:
   The circular postmark is 20–21 mm in diameter.
      

1949 July 6:
   The circular postmark is 29–30 mm in diameter.
      

today:
   Farmington post office is still in operation.


Farmington Falls

1819 February 25:
   Farmington Falls post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1929 June 26:
   The circular postmark is approximately 32 mm in diameter.
      

1950 February 8:
   The circular postmark is approximately 33 mm in diameter.
      

today:
   Farmington Falls post office is still in operation.


West Farmington

1875 March 16:
   West Farmington post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1950 March 25 through 1950 September 9:
   The circular postmark is 32–33 mm in diameter. The four horizontal bars to the right of the circle are approximately 6 mm on center.
         

1964 March 24:
   The circular postmark is approximately 30 mm in diameter.
      

today:
   West Farmington post office is still in operation.