Chain of Ponds (T2 R6 WBKP) Postal History
Franklin County, Maine

a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine  04975
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 8 May 2021)


Thank you for the contributions to this page from James Husson.



During the history of Chain of Ponds Township, there has been only one post office.

Briefly, the history of this post office is as follows:
1. Chain of Ponds post office, a summer office, opened on 3 September 1909 and closed on 31 May 1911.


In 1914, there was no post office in what is now Chain of Ponds Township. (source: Post Route Map of the State of Maine 1914)
      
      (click on image to enlarge)



Postmarks from Chain of Ponds Townhip include:
Chain of Ponds



Chain of Ponds

1909 September 3:
   Chain of Ponds post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1910 April 14:
   The circular postmark is 32 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1911 May 31:
   Chain of Ponds post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)