Beattie Township (T2 R8 WBKP) Postal History
Franklin County, Maine

a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine  04975
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 10 May 2021)

Thank you for the contributions to this page from James Husson.



During the history of Beattie Township, there has been only one post office.

Briefly, the history of this post office is as follows:
1. Beattie post office was established on 8 February 1889 and on 10 February 1892 was renamed as Lowelltown post office. Lowelltown post office closed on 15 June 1907, re-opened on 23 November 1911, and closed on 15 September 1913.


In 1914, there was no post office in Beattie Township. (source: Post Route Map of the State of Maine 1914)
      
      (click on image to enlarge)




Postmarks from Beattie Township include:
Beattie
Lowelltown



Lowelltown

1892 February 10:
   The former Beattie post office was renamed as Lowelltown post office. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1905 October 19:
   The circular postmark is 29 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1907 June 15:
   Lowelltown post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1911 November 23:
   Lowelltown post office re-opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1912 November 28:
   The circular postmark is 32 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1913 March 20:
   The circular postmark is 31 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1913 September 15:
   Lowelltown post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)