Westbrook Postal History
Cumberland County, Maine

a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine  04975
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 3 May 2021)


Thank you for the contributions to this page from James Husson and from the Strout family collection.



Postmarks from the city of Westbrook include:
Cumberland Mills
Cumberland Mills Sta. Westbrook
Duck Pond
Highland Lake
Pride’s Corner
Saccarappa
Westbrook (1) Westbrook (2)



Cumberland Mills


1875 July 13:
   Cumberland Mills post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1881 January 20 through 1881 February 15: [year based on postmark on reverse side]
   The circular postmark is 24–26 mm in diameter.
         
      (click on an image to enlarge)

1903 August 31:
   Cumberland Mills post office became Cumberland Mills Sta. Westbrook. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)


Cumberland Mills Sta. Westbrook


1903 August 31:
   The former Cumberland Mills post office became Cumberland Mills Sta. Westbrook post office. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1950 April 14 through 1950 April 17:
   The circular postmark is approximately 26 mm in diameter.
         
      (click on an image to enlarge)

1981 June 30:
   Cumberland Mills Sta. Westbrook post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)


Pride’s Corner


1891 April 25:
   Westbrook (1) post office was renamed as Pride’s Corner post office. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1899 February 10
   The circular postmark is 28 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on an image to enlarge)

1904 June 30:
   Pride’s Corner post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)


Saccarappa


1797 November 1:
   Saccarappa post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1882 March 17 through 1882 July:
   The circular postmark is 27–28 mm in diameter.
         
      (click on an image to enlarge)

1890 April 11:
   Saccarappa post office was renamed as Westbrook (2) post office. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)


Westbrook (2)


1890 April 11:
   The former Saccarappa post office was renamed as Westbrook (2) post office. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1936 August 15 through 1942 December 14
   The circular postmark is 20–21 mm in diameter.
         
      (click on an image to enlarge)

date?
   Westbrook (2) post office.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1939 December 4
   The circular postmark is approximately 27 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

1944 May 20 through 1950 June 12
   The circular postmark is approximately 30 mm in diameter.
         
      (click on an image to enlarge)

1950 June 15
   The circular postmark is approximately 21 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

today:
   Westbrook (2) post office is still in operation.