Standish Postal History
Cumberland County, Maine

a service of
V. F. Thomas Co. - 183 Pleasant Street, Apartment 1 - Canton, Maine  04221
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 14 February 2017)


Postmarks from the town of Standish include:
Bonney Eagle
East Standish
Sebago Lake
South Standish (1)
South Standish (2) Standish
Steep Falls



Sebago Lake


1871 December 12:
   Sebago Lake post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1932 July 5:
   The circular postmark is 31–32 mm in diameter. The four horizontal bars to the right of the circle are approximately 6 mm on center.
      

1949 December 31 through 1950 January 30:
   The circular postmark is 34–35 mm in diameter. The four horizontal bars to the right of the circle are approximately 6 mm on center.
         

1965 March 15:
   The circular postmark is 32–34 mm in diameter. The four horizontal bars to the right of the circle are approximately 6 mm on center.
      

today:
   Sebago Lake post office is still in operation.


Standish


1797 August 27:
   Standish post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1927 December 20:
   The circular postmark is 32–33 mm in diameter. The four horizontal bars to the right of the circle are approximately 6 mm on center.
      

today:
   Standish post office is still in operation.


Steep Falls


1850 May 27:
   Steep Falls post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1918 May 21:
   The circular postmark is approximately 32 mm in diameter. The four horizontal bars to the right of the circle are approximately 6 mm on center.
      

1929 November 14:
   The circular postmark is 31–32 mm in diameter. The four horizontal bars to the right of the circle are approximately 4 mm on center.
      

1943 August 25:
   The circular postmark is approximately 34 mm in diameter. The four horizontal bars to the right of the circle are approximately 6 mm on center.
      

1948 November 4 through 1950 November 2:
   The circular postmark is 32–33 mm in diameter. The four horizontal bars to the right of the circle are approximately 6 mm on center.
         

1965 March 15:
   The circular postmark is approximately 33 mm in diameter. The four horizontal bars to the right of the circle are approximately 6 mm on center.
      

today:
   Steep Falls post office is still in operation.