Raymond Postal History
Cumberland County, Maine

a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine  04975
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 31 August 2020)


Thank you for the contributions to this page from the Strout family collection.



Postmarks from the town of Raymond include:
East Raymond
Mountain
North Raymond (2)
Raymond
Raymondtown
West Raymond
Wilson Springs



Mountain


1898 June 23:
   Mountain post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1898 November 10:
   The circular postmark is approximately 27 mm in diameter.
      

1909 May 31:
   Mountain post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)


Raymond


1806 April 11:
   Raymond post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide.)

1833 May 15:
   Manuscript postmark. (letter [page 1a]; letter [page 1b]; letter [page 2a]; letter [page 2b]; letter [page 3])
      

1855 August 13:
   Manuscript postmark. (letter [page 1]; letter [page 2]; letter [page 3])
      

1909 July 12:
   The circular postmark is 31–32 mm in diameter. The four horizontal bars to the right of the circle are approximately 4 mm on center.
      

1949 May 13 to 1949 November 8:
   The circular postmark is approximately 32 mm in diameter. The four horizontal bars to the right of the circle are approximately 5 mm on center.
         

today:
   Raymond post office is still in operation.