T13 R15 WELS Postal History
Aroostook County, Maine

a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine  04975
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 21 July 2021)




During the history of T13 R15 WELS, there has been only one post office.

Briefly, the history of this one is as follows:
1. Seven Islands post office opened on 31 March 1908, was rescinded on 29 April 1908, re-opened on 16 December 1919, and moved to Clayton Lake on 15 May 1930.


In 1914, there was no post office in T13 R15 WELS. (source: Post Route Map of the State of Maine 1914)
      
      (click on image to enlarge)




The sole postmark from T13 R15 WELS is:
Seven Islands



Seven Islands


1908 March 31:
   Seven Islands post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1908 April 29:
   Seven Islands post office rescinded. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1919 December 16:
   Seven Islands post office re-opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1930 May 15:
   Seven Islands post office renamed as Clayton Lake and moved. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)