Saint John Plantation Postal History
Aroostook County, Maine

a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine  04975
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 20 July 2021)




During the history of Saint John Plantation, there have been two post offices.

Briefly, the history of these two is as follows:
1. Saint John post office opened on 20 June 1910 and clsed on 30 June 1926.
2. Wheelock post office opened on 4 June 1902 and closed on 30 July 1927.


In 1914, there were two post offices in Saint John Plantation: Saint John and Wheelock. (source: Post Route Map of the State of Maine 1914)
      
      (click on image to enlarge)




Postmarks from Saint John Plantation include:
Saint John
Wheelock



Saint John


1910 June 20:
   Saint John post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1926 June 30:
   Saint John post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)


Wheelock


1902 June 4:
   Wheelock post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1927 July 30:
   Wheelock post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)