Saint Francis Postal History
Aroostook County, Maine

a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine  04975
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 28 April 2021)


Thank you for the contributions to this page from James Husson.



During the history of the town of Saint Francis, there have been two post offices.

Briefly, the history of these two is as follows:
1. Bradbury (2) post office opened on 25 June 1918 and closed on 15 June 1934.
2. Saint Francis post office opened on 14 June 1874 and is still operating.


In 1914, there was only one post offices in Saint Francis: Saint Francis. (source: Post Route Map of the State of Maine 1914)
      
      (click on image to enlarge)




Postmarks from Saint Francis include:
Bradbury (2) Saint Francis



Bradbury (2)


1918 June 25:
   Bradbury (2) post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1933 Deceber 23:
   The circular postmark is 32 mm in diameter.
      
      (click on image to enlarge)


1934 June 15:
   Bradbury (2) post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)