Saint Croix Township Postal History
Aroostook County, Maine

a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine  04975
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 20 July 2021)




During the history of Saint Croix Township, there have been two post offices.

Briefly, the history of these two is as follows:
1. Howe Brook post office opened on 22 June 1901, closed on 31 August 1911, re-opened on 2 May 1913, closed on 30 April 1920, re-opened on 14 January 1922, and closed on 31 July 1928.
2. Saint Croix post office opened on 14 March 1901 and closed on 15 April 1907.


In 1914, there was only one post office in Saint Croix Township: Howe Brook. (source: Post Route Map of the State of Maine 1914)
      
      (click on image to enlarge)




Postmarks from Saint Croix Township include:
Howe Brook
Saint Croix



Howe Brook


1901 June 22:
   Howe Brook post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1911 August 31:
   Howe Brook post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1913 May 2:
   Howe Brook post office re-opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1920 April 13:
   Howe Brook post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1922 January 14:
   Howe Brook post office re-opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1928 July 31:
   Howe Brook post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)


Saint Croix


1901 March 14:
   Saint Croix post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1907 April 15:
   Saint Croix post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)