Saint Agatha Postal History
Aroostook County, Maine

a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine  04975

(updated 2 April 2021)

Thank you for the contributions to this page from James Husson.

During the history of the town of Saint Agatha, there have been three post offices.

Briefly, the history of these three is as follows:
1. Bouchard post office opened on 9 July 1909 and closed on 30 June 1913.
2. Saint Agatha post office opened on 5 April 1892 and is still operating.
3. Sinclair post office opened on 4 September 1907 and is still operating.

In 1914, there were two post offices in Saint Agatha: Saint Agatha and Sinclair. (source: Post Route Map of the State of Maine 1914)
      (click on image to enlarge)

Postmarks from Saint Agatha include:
Saint Agatha Sinclair

Saint Agatha

1892 April 5:
   Saint Agatha post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1933 August 4:
   George E. Dugal appointed Acting Postmaster.

1934 April 2:
   George E. Dugal appointed Postmaster.

1965 July 2:
   Leonie M. Legasse appointed Acting Postmaster.

1967 May 8:
   Leonie M. Legasse appointed Postmaster.

1985 January 3:
   Florine M. Michaud appointed Officer-in-Charge.

1985 March 16:
   Florine M. Michaud appointed Postmaster.

2005 May 27:
   Patricia G. Kelly appointed Officer-in-Charge.

2005 June 15:
   Patricia A. Jalbert appointed Officer-in-Charge.

2005 October 1:
   Patricia A. Jalbert appointed Postmaster.

2012 July 31:
   Tina Daigle appointed Officer-in-Charge.

2013 January 12:
   Saint Agatha post office was converted to a Level 6 (6-hour) Remotely Managed Post Office under the direction of the Postmaster of the Madawaska post office.

   Saint Agatha post office. 353 Main Street; Saint Agatha, Maine 04772. Lat./Long.: N 47°13′22″ x W 68°18′49″

   Saint Agatha post office is still in operation.


1907 September 4:
   Sinclair post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1915 February 23:
   The circular postmark is 31–32 mm in diameter. The four horizontal bars to the right of the circle are a little more than 4 mm apart on center.

   Sinclair post office is still in operation.