During the history of the town of Masardis, there have been two post offices.
Briefly, the history of these two is as follows:
1. Haywood post office opened on 11 August 1900 and closed on 15 February 1914.
2. Masardis post office opened on 6 October 1843, closed on 19 February 1855, and reopened on 19 July 1855. On 25 August 1967, it was renamed as Masardis Rur. Br. Ashland, which on [date?] became Masardis CPO Ashland, which is still operating.
In 1914, there was only one post office in Masardis: Masardis. (source: Post Route Map of the State of Maine 1914)
(click on image to enlarge)