Macwahoc Plantation Postal History
Aroostook County, Maine

a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine  04975
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 16 July 2021)




During the history of Macwahoc Plantation, there have been four post offices.

Briefly, the history of these four is as follows:
1. Macwahoc post office opened on 26 November 1877 and closed on 30 June 1929.
2. Moluncus (1) post office opened on 11 September 1834 and closed on 12 November 1945.
3. Moluncus (2) post office opened on 9 January 1866 and closed on 22 April 1879.
4. Murray post office opened on 4 August 1887 and closed on 30 June 1908.


In 1914, there was only one post office in Macwahoc Plantation: Macwahoc. (source: Post Route Map of the State of Maine 1914)
      
      (click on image to enlarge)




Postmarks from Macwahoc Plantation include:
Macwahoc

Moluncus (1)
Moluncus (2)
Murray



Macwahoc


1877 November 26:
   Macwahoc post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1929 June 30:
   Macwahoc post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)


Moluncus (1)


1834 September 11:
   Moluncus (1) post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1845 November 12:
   Moluncus (1) post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)


Moluncus (2)


1866 January 9:
   Moluncus (2) post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1879 April 22:
   Moluncus (2) post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)


Murray


1887 August 4:
   Murray post office opened. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

1908 June 30:
   Murray post office closed. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)