Benedicta Township Postal History
Aroostook County, Maine

a project of
V. F. Thomas Co. - P. O. Box 111 - Shawmut, Maine  04975
info@vfthomas.com

(updated 28 October 2020)


Thank you for the contributions to this page from James Husson.



During the history of the Benedicta Township, there has been only one post office.

Briefly, the history of this one is as follows:
1. Conway post office opened on 7 September 1839, closed on 15 February 1847, re-opened on 14 May 1847, and on 8 September 1873 was renamed as Benedicta post office, which is still in operation.


In 1914, there was only one post office in what Benedicta Township: Benedicta. (source: Post Route Map of the State of Maine 1914)
      
      (click on image to enlarge)




Postmarks from Benedicta Township include:
Benedicta
Conway



Benedicta


1873 September 8:
   The former Conway post office was renamed as Benedicta post office. (source: Maine Philatelic Society. 1995. The Post Offices of Maine: A Rarity Guide)

2020:
   Benedicta post office. 6 School Street; Benedicta, Maine  04733. Lat./Long.: N 45°48′20″ x W 68°24′44″
      
      (click on image to enlarge)

today:
   Benedicta post office is still in operation.